Casual Medical Office Administrator (November 2017)
Job reference #: 201710PT
The Halifax Sexual Health Centre (HSHC) is a non-profit organization committed to promoting sexual and reproductive health within an environment that respects and supports individual choice. We provide confidential, complete, freely-accessible, and non-judgmental information and services related to sexual and reproductive health.
Our vision: All members of our community have full, equal, non-judgmental and safe access to sexual and reproductive health care and education.
Our mission: Improve and optimize the sexual health of all members of our community, by providing high quality and caring services, and empowering clients to make healthy choices.
HSHC is looking for a dynamic, energetic and conscientious medical office administrative assistant to join our growing team on a casual basis.
Our medical office administrative assistants are the first point of client contact for HSHC and also offer valuable support to our multi-disciplinary team of nurses, physicians, administrators, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
We are looking for someone who supports HSHC’s mandate, enjoys working with people, functions well as part of a team, and takes pride in their work. The ideal candidate also exhibits high levels of self-awareness, self-direction, focus, and organizational skills.
Members of the administrative support team will be cross-trained to support a range of shared responsibilities including:
- General clerical duties (mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, accepting/arranging deliveries)
- Reception duties (greeting clients, answering phone calls, managing caller flow, documenting messages)
- Booking and confirming client appointments
- Providing occasional support for MSI billing and reconciliation
- Managing confidential information
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy office files, and confidential records
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence
- Completing data entry to facilitate regular reporting needs of the executive leadership team and Board of Directors
- Developing and implementing systems and strategies that improve clinic efficiency and enhance patient satisfaction
- Post-secondary education in office administration
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a medical clinic setting
- Experience working with EMR systems (Nightingale preferred)
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated dedication to patient well-being
- Firm understanding of expectations for client privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
Compensation: $12.00 hourly
To apply: Interested candidates should send a PDF version of their resume (with three references) and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com; Attention: Controller. Please include the job title and job reference number in both the email subject line and cover letter.
Competition Deadline: December 1, 2017 by 12:00 PM
Start Date: Approximately December 18, 2017