Medical Office Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Halifax Sexual Health Centre (HSHC), Halifax, NS
The Halifax Sexual Health Centre (HSHC) is a non-profit organization committed to promoting sexual and reproductive health within an environment that respects and supports individual choice. We provide confidential, complete, freely-accessible, and non-judgmental information and services related to sexual and reproductive health.
Our vision: All members of our community have full, equal, non-judgmental and safe access to sexual and reproductive health care and education.
Our mission: Improve and optimize the sexual health of all members of our community, by providing high quality and caring services, and empowering clients to make healthy choices.
HSHC (HSHC.ca) is looking for a dynamic, energetic and conscientious medical office administrative assistant to join our team.
Our medical office administrative assistants are the first point of client contact for HSHC and also offer valuable support to our multi-disciplinary team of nurses, physicians, administrators, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
We are looking for someone who supports HSHC’s mandate, enjoys working with people, functions well as part of a team, and takes pride in their work. The ideal candidate also exhibits high levels of self-awareness, self-direction, focus, and organizational skills.
Members of the administrative support team will be cross-trained in order to support a range of shared responsibilities including:
- General clerical duties (mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, accepting/arranging deliveries)
- Reception duties (greeting clients, answering phone calls, managing caller flow, documenting messages)
- Booking and confirming client appointments
- Providing support for MSI billing and reconciliation
- Managing confidential information
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy office files, and confidential records
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence
- Completing regular inventory activities and reports
- Completing data entry to facilitate regular reporting needs of the executive leadership team and Board of Directors
- Petty cash management
- Offering support for volunteer recruitment, orientation, and training
- Developing and implementing systems and strategies that improve clinic efficiency and enhance patient satisfaction
- Post-secondary education in office administration
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a medical clinic setting
- Experience working with EMR systems (Nightingale preferred)
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated dedication to patient well-being
- Firm understanding of expectations for client privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
To apply: Interested candidates should send a PDF version of their resume (with three references) and a brief cover letter to: ED@hshc.ca; Attention: Hiring Committee. Please include the job title and job reference number in both the email subject line and cover letter.
Competition Deadline: February 23, 2018 by 4:00PM